|| This five-day course is designed for newcomers to Unix, in most
of its popular variants, including SCO, AIX, Motorola Unix, HP-UX,
and NCR/AT&T. It is appropriate for software professionals, systems
analysts, project managers and support specialists who have a working
knowledge of an operating system such as VMS, DOS, OS/2 or Pick.
- Overview of the Unix File System
- Using the vi Editor
- Using Unix Shells
- Unix Shell Scripts
- Using Mail and Inter-Terminal Communications
- File Ownership, Groups, and Permissions
- Process Monitoring
- Using the Administration Menu
- Backing up and Restoring Unix
- Device Management
- Managing Users
- Unix Commands
- Phantoms (crons)
||A working knowledge of an operating system such as DOS,
OS/2 VMS or Pick.
|| On-site only.
||Please visit our student comments